If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are gluten-free, but you wouldn't know it. The fine teff flour nearly melts in your mouth while it lends a hearty nutty flavor to the muffins without attempting to overpower the rest of the ingredients. These wouldn’t have the same multigrain flavor and mouthfeel without teff. I make these with blueberries, blackberries, and chopped apple (1/2 cup) as well as raspberries. You can also replace the almond meal with 30g of another gluten-free flour if you avoid nuts. - beyondcelery
- 3/4 cup (110g) sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) teff flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
- 1/3 cup (40g) tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh washed raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil or shortening. Bring out your eggs so they’re room temperature when you use them.
- Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl (use grams if possible!). Break up baking soda and brown sugar lumps, mixing flours well. In a separate bowl or glass measuring cup, measure out liquids and lemon zest. Beat in eggs very thoroughly.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry. Gently fold in fresh raspberries. Fill muffin cups nearly to the top, dust each with a few whole oats, and put them into the oven immediately. They’re rise higher the faster you’re able to do this.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool at least 10 minutes before moving them from the tin. Store in a sealed container for 3 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.