Slow Cooker Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 roast (about 3 lbs.)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 pound pearl onions, blanched, peeled and stems trimmed
- 4 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 ears corn, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- Place red potatoes and sweet potatoes in a 7-qt. slow cooker. Add roast, broth, pearl onions, garlic; season with salt and pepper. Place corn around roast and add water. Cover and cook on high heat 6 to 7 hours.
- Transfer roast to a shallow bowl, leaving slow cooker on, but now turned to low. When roast is cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Smash some of the potatoes in slow cooker. Add cubbed roast. Dish up using bowls and top pot roast with a dollop of sour cream and a handful of grated carrots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Roast