If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came out of one of those nights when you just don't have all the ingredients that you need. I like to use fresh pumpkin (or at least pumpkin I prepared and always keep frozen) and I have spent the last few years finding the *perfect* type of pumpkin to use. It's called a long island cheese pumpkin - it really makes all the difference!! A regular sized one usually makes enough puree for 4!!! pies.
Use your favorite crust recipe (mine is the Fannie Farmer Basic Pastry) —okadots
Makes 1 - 9 inch pie
- 1 9" pastry crust
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed mil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1-1/2 cups Long Island Cheese Pumpkin purée
- 2 eggs
- If you need to make the pumpkin puree: cut the pumpkin into quarters and scoop out the seeds. Place in a baking dish, face-down, with a 1/2" of water and cover with foil. Steam at 350° until tender (about 20 min). Let cool, scoop out pumpkin flesh and purée. After, puréeing, strain excess water out using a cheesecloth.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line pie plate with crust.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth and blended
- Pour the mixture into the crust
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 300°F. Bake about 45minutes or until firm.
- Add a bit of fresh whipped cream with a little bit of brandy whipped in and enjoy!!!
More Great Recipes: Pies & Tarts