If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These truffles are pretty easy to make and are great for the holidays when everyone else is giving out the boring plain ones! - JessicaBakes
Makes around 30 truffles
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup mango puree, room temperature (approx. 1 mango's worth)
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried mango (unsulfured if you can find it)
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups high quality cocoa powder
- Bring the cream and chili powder to a boil. Remove from heat, add the dried mango and mango puree and let sit for 10 minutes to cool a little.
- While the cream is cooling, melt 6 ounces of the chocolate in a double boiler and remove once smooth. Add the additional 3 ounces of chocolate and the salt and stir until all chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the cream mixture, stir one more time, and then stash in the fridge until the chocolate is malleable enough to roll, about 1-2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection