If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First of all, a Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE..I neither conceived the list of ingredients, nor did I develop the technique for it. I'm posting it as a tribute to a fellow blogger from Pune, India, Jayasree Satish, who passed away 10 days ago after a fatal bout of pneumonia. This was one of her original recipes. As a tribute, we, her fellow bloggers, decided to make a dish from the collection of recipes from her blog, http://kailaskitchen.blogspot.com. This dish I picked was so incredibly simple that I felt it should be shared with a lot more people. the direct link to the recipe is here: http://kailaskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/07/mango-murabba-in-microwave.html. my only tweaking was the pinch of salt & the extended time in the microwave.
I'll probably have to check the box at the end of this page, thus assuring myself of a years supply of rotten produce, but I'll take that in stride. - Panfusine
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups grated raw mango
- 1 cup jaggery (gud) or muscovado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine the grated mango, sugar (or jaggery), salt and the crushed cardamom in a large microwave bowl.
- microwave on high for 10 -12 minutes, stopping and giving the mixture a good stir at 2 minute intervals
- remove from the microwave at the end of 12 minutes. and allow to cool completely. The mix will appear runny, but have faith, when its cooled the relish acquires the consistency of jam. Store in a clean mason jar when completely cool