If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm obsessed with pumpkin...I could eat it everyday in the fall. I found a recipe years ago for Betty Crocker Harvest Pumpkin Spice bars that I've tweaked (taken the sugar down a bit, added some spices, and played around with adding things like chocolate chips and cranberries) and re-made as muffins and loaf bread. This is my all-time favorite pumpkin treat! - The Yellow Table
Makes 2 dozen muffins (or 2 9x5" loafs)
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup golden raisins*
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 12-cup muffin tins or two 9x5" loaf pans (or one of each).
- Beat the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a large bowl until smooth, using a hand-held mixer. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until almost combine. Add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until smooth. Stir in the raisins and the walnuts.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and pour the remaining batter into the loaf pan. Place the muffins and the loaf pan on the center rack in the preheated oven.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until the tops are puffed up and a toothpick comes out clean. Leave the bread in the oven for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the top has risen and is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- For both the muffins and the bread, let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to continue cooling. *Try substituting the golden raisins for dried cranberries or chocolate chips!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.