If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I had orange flavored chocolate was over 40 years ago while spending the summer in Germany as an exchange student. I fell in love with the flavors and almost daily would walk to the confectionery to get my "fix". No wonder my kids were practically raised on Chocolate Oranges! This little treat sits somewhere in between a cake and a cookie with a chocolate orange topping. —inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 dozen
- 2/3 cup softened butter (about 12 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur(Grand Marnier, Cointreau or even Triple Sec)
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11.5 ounce package of milk chocolate chips
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and continue to mix until fluffy.
- Stir in one tablespoon of the orange zest, the orange juice and the orange liqueur.
- Stir in the flour mixture, a little at a time until well incorporated.
- Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners and lightly spray the interiors with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with a generous tablespoon of the cookie/cake mixture and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 14 to 16 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler according to package directions. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of orange zest. Frost each cookie/cake with the chocolate, place the tins in the fridge to set and when set, remove the liners and enjoy with a big glass of milk or a hot cup of Joe!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.