If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Besides being a great way to use up egg whites, these diminutive cakes are elegant and fragrant with almonds, and easy to whip up. I put my own spin on a Nick Malgieri recipe (borrowing his basic proportions but mixing up the flavors from the Modern Baker) to create these. Read more at http://threecleversisters.com/2011/03/02/almond-financiers/ - sarabclever
- 4 ounces almonds, preferably fresh ground (about a cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup egg whites (about 4)
- 8 tablespoons butter (one stick), melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat the oven to 375F. Grease a mini-muffin pan. Mix the almonds, sugar, and flour. Stir in the egg whites and almond extract, then fold in the butter.
- Fill the wells of the mini-muffin pan about halfway full. Bake until the cakes are risen, golden, and are firm to the touch, about 18 minutes (or longer if making larger financiers). Remove from the muffin pan and allow to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection