If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Christmas when we were at my grandma and grandpa's house she would have plates of Christmas cookies. It felt like we could never run out no matter how many we ate. I can't fathom the hours she spent baking all of her cookies in the days before we came. I wish I could talk to her about it now that I'm all grown up and making cookies for my family. Everyone had their favorites and these Coconut Jumbles were at the top of my list.
Food52 Review: I loved these coconut cookies. They are sweet enough to sate any post holiday meal craving and small enough to indulge in more than one. They would be wonderful with chocolate ice cream. I can't wait to share them with family and friends. Great recipe! —NWB
Makes about 90 cookies
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 pound of butter; softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bag of moist coconut (14-16 oz)
- 1 1/2-2 cups of flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter. ?Add in the eggs one at a time. Then add in the coconut and the flour. Only add enough flour to "stiffen" the dough. It will be somewhere between the 1 1/2- 2 cups.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a well greased or Silpat lined cookie sheet. **This is important: You really have to be a stickler about the teaspoonful thing. If you do heaping teaspoons your cookies will melt together into a big mess and it will take forever to cook. It's not pretty, don't make that mistake. Also, space them well apart. I fit 9 cookies per sheet and that worked well for me.
- Bake for 13 minutes until the edges are browned and the centers are golden.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.