If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i love burgers but hate all the washing and chopping the fixings require. this was my single condiment solution. - naomi
Food52 Review: These burgers are simple yet spot on. Naomi calls for ground lamb, which makes for a sumptuous burger requiring nothing more than a bit of salt and pepper. The tang of the cilantro yogurt sauce cuts the richness, keeping the lamb from tasting gamey. We shaved the garlic using a Microplane grater, which dispersed its bite evenly throughout the yogurt and provided a more intense garlic flavor - if you decide to do the same, keep in mind you will only need one clove of garlic. We also added a large pinch of salt to the yogurt and served the burgers on toasted hamburger buns. - A&M - The Editors
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt (you kind of need the whole for the texture)
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or very finely chopped
- heavily season the ground lamb with salt and pepper
- mix yogurt, chopped cilantro, garlic and salt to taste
- cook burgers on grill or in the broiler
- serve with yogurt sauce on the side
- Your Best Burger Contest Winner!