If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every year we try to have something for the brave moms and dads who accompany their kids in their endless roundsof candy hunting on All Hallowed's Eve. This year is going to be realitively warm, so Caramel Hot Spiced Cider —lorigoldsby
Food52 Review: Hot damn, that lorigoldsby knows how to put hair on a girl's chest! We had our first real snowfall and temperature plunge Friday night. The next day, my neighbor and I teamed up to shovel our sidewalks and driveways together. This was our reward. "Light" butter, oh puhlease. I mean, get real. An entire fifth of Buttershot Schnapps, a gentle hammer of Hot Damn! Schnapps, then brown sugar and—whipping cream, oh and Amaretto in the sauce which gets drizzled over—whipped cream! Please let it be noted that I made a two-person batch of punch, but an entire batch of the caramel, which I have grand plans for. I'd have posted a photo, but we consumed all the evidence. I'm hoping for a lot more snow—and soon. —boulangere
Hot caramel Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 fifth of Buttershot schnapps
- 1 cup Hot Damm! schnapps
- 1 stick of light butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (no need to pack)
- 1 pint whipping ctream
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- Melt butter over med-high heat. Add brown sugar, mix to combine. allow it to come to a simmer.
- Add whipping cream, it will bubble. Stir vigorously and off the heat add the amaretto.
- In a large crock pot, add the cider, both schanpps and caramel sauce. Serve with whipped cream and a spider web made of caramel sauce.
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.