If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —The Perennial Plate
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cut very cold butter into tiny pieces and combine into flour. (I usually use my fingers to break down the butter into “pea sized” pieces). Add water a tablespoon at a time — mixing the ingredients with a fork or by hand until dough is combined but not sticky. (Note: pie crust dough doesn’t need a lot of kneading, so as soon as the ingredients are combined, dough is ready).
- Form the dough into two balls, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Lightly flour a surface for rolling out the dough. Roll out one dough ball into a very thin circle and place into a 9? pie tin. Dough should overhang the edge of the pie tin by 1/2?; trim away any excess dough.
- Roll out the remaining dough ball and cut into 1/2-3/4? lattice strips.
- Combine berries in large bowl. Mix in flour and sugar and let stand for 20 minutes. Pour into pie tin.
- Lay on the lattice allowing strips to overhang the pie tin by 1/2?; trim away excess dough. Fold the bottom crust over the ends of the lattice and pinch to seal the dough together.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, reduce to 350° and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.