Author Notes: It's my Mother's recipe and i believe it to be her own. I named it in memory of the time we were sitting on a lovely southern porch at a family holiday event. We were sipping the punch when a train came by. Trains must slow down as they come through our little Southern town. We pointed out the beauty of the pause in conversation that the slow train creates. I miss my mom :). - Javanut
Serves a bunch
- 1 quart Tea (sweet southern or unsweetened both work)
- 1 quart Lemonade
- 1 quart Pineapple juice
- 2 quarts Orange juice
- 5 quarts Ginger ale (regular or diet)
- Lemon and orange slices
- Combine all the juices, tea, and lemonade to make the punch base. Pour some into a ring mold and freeze. Refrigerate the rest. Can be made a day or two in advance.
- Unmold the frozen juice ring and place in a punch bowl.
- Combine equal parts base with ginger ale in the punch bowl. Garnish with fruit slices. Tip: Pour into a ladle to eliminate splashing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch