If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came from a coworker's mom (who is an amazing cook and party planner) as kind of a "add a little of this, a little of that" which typically I'd stay away from in a cocktail because I'm not a natural mixologist. But it was my sister's engagement party last year and she really loved the ingredients so I had to take a leap of faith. We had about 40 for the party and I needed to make a large quantity that was easy for the bartender to serve. We served it individually, as requests came in, but this could easily thrown together and served in a beautiful punch bowl. It was truly a hit for my sister's party and I was pleased to have pushed my comfort level for her. - meganvt01
Food52 Review: Take a break from mimosas on New Year's Day, try this pretty, pink sparkler. Cranberry, lime and mint dance in the punch bowl with effervescent cava, making the drink tart, sweet, verdant and bright. Cava leads, though, so be careful–this stuff goes straight to the brain. - laurenewe
Makes 1 punch bowl (or 25 single drinks)
- 4 bottles cava (chilled)
- 2 bunches fresh mint
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- additional mint, lime or fresh cranberries for garnish
- The night or morning before your party mix together the triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry. Mash up (muddle) the mint and toss into the liquids. Let sit overnight and remove the mint.
- Add your cava to punch bowl first. Then add about 3/4 of your mixer (triple sec, lime, and cranberry). Taste - everyone has a preference on sweetness so you can stop here or add the rest. Serve chilled.
- If you wanted to serve a la carte rather than in a punch bowl, add about 1 oz of the mixer to the bottom of a champagne flute then fill with cava. Enjoy!!!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!