If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to attribute my love for food and cooking to my parents. They love cooking together, so I've grown up associating cooking with love and family. It's basically all we do when the 5 of us get together. Eat. This is my dad's rib recipe that he's been making for years. It's a dry rub recipe, but you could make a BBQ sauce to go with it. In the summer, my dad throws them on the grill for a few minutes before serving. Any way you do it, this is a great, fall-off-the-bone recipe. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Serves 4 people
- 2 pounds Baby back Pork Ribs
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Yes. 200 degrees is correct. Low and slow. Start by grinding the salt, peppercorns, and cumin seeds together with a mortar and pestle or in a bowl with the back of a spoon.
- Move the spice rub to a bowl and mix in paprika and brown sugar. Incorporate all ingredients together until it is a little sticky. Add more brown sugar if it isn't binding.
- Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Rub the spice mixture all over the ribs. Push into the skin to make sure it sticks.
- Add water to a deep baking pan, should be about 1/2 inch high. Place a wire or slotted rack on top of the pan and put ribs on top. Cover the ribs in foil and pop in oven for 5 hours. Add a cup of water to the bottom of the pan if it ever looks like its getting low.
- With 30 minutes left, remove the foil. Take out the ribs and let them rest for 10 minutes. Cut up ribs and serve to your starving friends and family.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
The Sweet Spot
Why dessert should always come first
Dessert before dinner.
Do this for better cold brew.
Your poolside essentials.
A genius zucchini dish.