Author Notes: I created this dish while in Provence recently. We had a limited kitchen, but so many fresh ingredients. I served this lovely dish along side my mussels recipe. I've made it several times since then, and can't say enough for the recipe. Give it a try! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Serves 3-4 servings
- 1 large can white beans
- 1 bunch radishes (cleaned and halved)
- 2 peppers (your favorite variety, diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and let cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the peppers, salt and pepper and cook down until peppers are soft, about 7 minutes. Add the white wine to the pan and toss in the radishes. Cook for only 3 minutes, to take the sharp bite away.
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to the white beans. When the pepper and radish combination is done, add to the beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve either warm or cold. But please, serve with a bottle or two of your favorite French wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips