If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Did you know that goat is widely believed to the most-consumed meat on Earth? Goats are hardy, easy to care for, kosher and halal, and just plain tasty. Recently I purchased some goat stew meat at my local farmers' market – I’ve had goat curries at Indian restaurants in the past and I was interested in attempting my own. Not only was it delicious, but it was super easy!
Note: You can find goat meat at most Asian and Latino grocery stores. Madras curry paste & coconut milk can be found in the Asian section of better grocery stores or at most Asian markets. —GreenEats
- 1 pound boneless goat stew meat
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Madras curry paste (depending on preference)
- pinch red pepper flakes
- rice or pita bread, to serve
- In a heavy-bottomed dutch oven heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the stew meat in batches, making sure not to crowd the pan, turning until browned on all sides. After each batch remove to a waiting plate and continue until all the meat has been browned.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil and saute the onions until soft and translucent, scraping up any browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the stew meat back into the pot, followed by the tomatoes and coconut milk. Add the 3 tbsp Madras curry paste (4 tbsp if you prefer a stronger curry flavor), the chopped fresh cilantro, and salt & red pepper flakes to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Bring curry to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 45 minutes – 1 hour, until the meat is tender. Taste halfway through and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice or with pita bread to mop up the curry sauce.
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.