Author Notes: Yum. It's good! Thanks to hardlikearmour for the math. - mrslarkin
Serves 10 - 12
Apple Cider Syrup
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cup turbinado sugar, or other sugar in the raw
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Apple Pie Punch
- 2 bottles Prosecco (750 ml each), chilled
- 1 1/3 cup Apple Cider Syrup
- 2/3 cups Tuaca liqueur
- 1 small lady apple, cut into 5 slices across the equator
- For the Apple Cider Syrup: Bring sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cider to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat. Let cool. You'll have extra syrup, so store in fridge. Use on waffles or in a hot toddy. Yum!
- For the Apple Pie Punch: Mix 2 bottles Prosecco with the apple cider syrup and Tuaca. Float apple slices on top. Pretty! If desired, grate a tiny bit of fresh nutmeg over the drink, for a little extra apple pie flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Punch