Author Notes: This is a recipe I created while needing a quick breakfast while family in town. I did not want the basic eggs and toast, and living in Texas - why not a dense hearty quesadilla? The crunchiness of the tortilla and melted butter alone satisfies. - cakillgore
Makes 3 quesadillas
- 6 Flour Tortillas (I use Mission Low Carb)
- 6 Eggs, Extra Large
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Package of Mexican 4-Cheese from Kraft
- 1 cup Green Onions (Green and White Parts Included) Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Breakfast Sausage (spicy or mild)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Sticks Butter for Frying (Onions and Tortillas)
- Cook Sausage per instructions and set aside.
- Cook Onions in butter, then add eggs and scramble. Add Cream Cheese (cut into chunks) into egg mixture, mix well and set aside.
- Put shredded cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 stick butter into frying pan on medium high. When melted, place one tortilla in pan. Add some shredded cheese, cooked eggs, sausage and more cheese. Top with 2nd tortilla.
- When bottom tortilla is getting crispy, turn over to fry the other side. Once crispy, put on a heat resistant mat, cut into fourths and sprinkle with either more cheese, salsa, or your favorite topping.
- Serve and Enjoy. I love the onion taste, and make extra for topping once finished.