If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I created while needing a quick breakfast while family in town. I did not want the basic eggs and toast, and living in Texas - why not a dense hearty quesadilla? The crunchiness of the tortilla and melted butter alone satisfies. - cakillgore
Makes 3 quesadillas
- 6 Flour Tortillas (I use Mission Low Carb)
- 6 Eggs, Extra Large
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Package of Mexican 4-Cheese from Kraft
- 1 cup Green Onions (Green and White Parts Included) Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Breakfast Sausage (spicy or mild)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Sticks Butter for Frying (Onions and Tortillas)
- Cook Sausage per instructions and set aside.
- Cook Onions in butter, then add eggs and scramble. Add Cream Cheese (cut into chunks) into egg mixture, mix well and set aside.
- Put shredded cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 stick butter into frying pan on medium high. When melted, place one tortilla in pan. Add some shredded cheese, cooked eggs, sausage and more cheese. Top with 2nd tortilla.
- When bottom tortilla is getting crispy, turn over to fry the other side. Once crispy, put on a heat resistant mat, cut into fourths and sprinkle with either more cheese, salsa, or your favorite topping.
- Serve and Enjoy. I love the onion taste, and make extra for topping once finished.
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.