Author Notes: This is one of those recipes that just sort of popped into my head of it's own accord. I don't know why, but I am glad it did. It sounds like a sort of odd combination of ingredients but the sweet and salt and creamy and crunchy are (I think) delicious! I will write the salad for one but you can make as many as you need for others or can eat yourself. - aargersi
Serves 1 or more - it's up to you
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk (low fat is OK)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) creamy blue cheese (I used cambazola)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- a few grinds of pepper, and maybe salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Start with one teaspoon of honey and no extra salt - the saltiness of the blue cheese and sweetness of honey vary widely, so blend and taste before adding more.
The Salad (per person)
- 1/2 perfectly ripe avocado - cubed
- an equal amount of Asian pear - peeled and cubed the same size as the avocado
- 1 strip crispy bacon
- snipped fresh chives
- Toss the avocado and pear with a few spoonfuls of the dressing. Top with crumbled bacon and snipped chives.
- Enjoy in the fall sunshine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados