If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the combination of spiced, sweetend red wine and tart cranberries. I like the fact that you can make it ahead of time as well —Kitchen Butterfly
- 120ml Red wine ( I used a young, fruity wine)
- 80g (Light brown) sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out and pod reserved
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Whole black peppercorns
- 2 Whole cloves
- Rind from 1/2 an orange in thick strips
- 150g whole (frozen) cranberries
- Juice from 1/2 an orange
- Make mulled wine syrup by mixing all the ingredients except the cranberries in a saucepan. Heat on low-medium and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove all the spices (cloves, cinnamon, vanilla pods, orange rind)
- Add cranberries to the mulled wine mixture and let simmer in a closed pan till the cranberries burst and soften (7-8 minutes or longer)
- When the cranberries are burst and have softened, take off the heat and pour in the orange juice. Stir well to combine and pot in clean (sterilised) jars. Makes about 1/2 a cup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.