Author Notes: My mom has made this for Thanksgiving just about every year. It has a bold taste and almost crunchy texture that makes it a great accompaniment to the less-bold fare on the Thanksgiving table. It is an old school recipe that has stood the test of time for a reason, it's great! - DoubleJ
- 2 packets Lemon or Cherry Jell-o
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 2 navel oranges, washed but not peeled, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1, 2 lb. can of crushed pineapple
- Dissolve 2 packages of Jell-o in 1.5 cups of hot water. Stir well to be sure that the Jell-o is well dissolved.
- Set Jell-o aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Grind or process together the cranberries and the navel oranges. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sugar and the crushed pineapple, stir.
- Add the cooled Jell-o. Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly. Put into containers, either molds or glass compotes work very well, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Left-overs will keep very nicely, easily as long as the left-over turkey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce