If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom has made this for Thanksgiving just about every year. It has a bold taste and almost crunchy texture that makes it a great accompaniment to the less-bold fare on the Thanksgiving table. It is an old school recipe that has stood the test of time for a reason, it's great! - DoubleJ
- 2 packets Lemon or Cherry Jell-o
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 2 navel oranges, washed but not peeled, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1, 2 lb. can of crushed pineapple
- Dissolve 2 packages of Jell-o in 1.5 cups of hot water. Stir well to be sure that the Jell-o is well dissolved.
- Set Jell-o aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Grind or process together the cranberries and the navel oranges. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sugar and the crushed pineapple, stir.
- Add the cooled Jell-o. Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly. Put into containers, either molds or glass compotes work very well, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Left-overs will keep very nicely, easily as long as the left-over turkey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cranberry Sauce
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.