Author Notes: brought home an almost perfect pomegranate from the supermarket and simply HAD to start 'shelling' it (Call me crazy, but I belong to that odd category of home cooks who simply LOVE to cut up whole pineapples & remove every single pomegranate aril almost individually without squishing a single one), Had an expanding collection of 1/2 full miniature liqueur bottles and got busy playing mixologist.. an hour later, this drink surfaced. - Panfusine
Makes 1 -2 serving
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 2 ounces Grey Goose vodka
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 ounce Blackberry liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2-3 dashes Baked Apple aromatic bitters
- 3 ounces Chilled Italian sparkling water
- Ice as required.
- In the glass container of a cocktail shaker, muddle the pomegranate arils along with the lime juice and vodka. Add the liqueurs, bitters, ice and shake for about 20 s.
- Strain into a martini glass,top up with the sparkling water. Add a curl of lime zest and pomegranate arils on a toothpick as a garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates