If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mole sauce makes anything happier - even cookies. The hint of coffee, the depth of ancho, the heat of habanero and two different chocolates make this cookie something special. If I make them for myself, I add more heat. Most spices can be bought in tiny amounts at health food stores so it doesn't break your bank. —Cade
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 large bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 small bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon habanero powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 small bag chopped almonds OR walnuts
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Add spices and coffee and whisk to blend.
- Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour spice mixture gradually to butter mixture. Mix well by hand. Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 375. Let cool completely if you can.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.