If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These dainty miniature samosas are a given at most parties and gatherings in India. One bite versions of the regular samosas, I prefer making use of phyllo pastry sheets rather than the regular dough covering since it makes for a quicker baked version. plus, its faster & cleaner than deep frying in batches! - Panfusine
Makes ~ 20-25
Potato peas & Paneer filling
- 1 medium-large idaho potato, boiled & peeled
- 1/4 cup baby peas, cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded paneer
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 3 teaspoons Roughly crushed Coriander seeds
- Crumble the boiled potato. Add to the peas & paneer in a bowl and mash until the veggies are integrated, but not mushy.
- Heat the oil till smoking & add the crushed coriander seeds. Stir around till they barely begin turning brown and then add the minced ginger. Stir for ! 5-10 sec and then add the hot tempering mix to the potato mixture Add the Salt, Garam masala,and cilantro and lime juice. Combine to disperse the seasonings evenly in the filling.
- 1/2 package phyllo pastry sheets
- Oil for brushing
- Potato, peas & paneer filling
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Thaw the pastry sheets and keep them covered with a moist kitchen towel. Cut each sheet into app. 6 in X 10 in size.
- Place a single sheet onto the workspace and brush with oil. Fold longitudinally to get a strip that is 3 in wide.brush the top surface again with oil.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling at one end of the strip. Follow the photographs to fold the pastry & seal.
- Lay the samosas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the surface with oil. Bake at 350 C for about 15 min or until the surface has turned a light golden brown.
- Serve warm with a sweet & sour tamarind chutney or green cilantro mint chutney.
- You can prepare the pastries ahead of time, lay them on a baking sheet , cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until required. Simply pop into a preheated oven to bake & serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack