If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These bright gems look beautiful in a glass bowl, and are so easy for your guests to pop in their mouths any time of day. They work great on a brunch spread or a dessert buffet. They are also fun as a cake garnish or sundae topper. If you can't find orange blossom water (I buy it in Middle Eastern markets) just leave it out. —CozyDelicious
Food52 Review: WHO: CozyDelicious is a food blogger devoted to making things, well, cozy and delicious.
WHAT: Beautiful, candied orbs of cranberry that are perfect for entertaining. (We think they'd make a nice garnish dropped into a glass of bubbly too.)
HOW: Soak the cranberries in a sugar syrup overnight, then toss in sugar.
WHY WE LOVE IT: These are the perfect, festive party snack; not only do they look beautiful piled into a bowl, but they they taste great, too! If you can't find orange blossom water, try rose water, or feel free to leave it out. —The Editors
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Bring water, orange blossom water, and 1 cup of sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat.
- Cool the sugar syrup for ten minutes, then add the cranberries to the saucepan and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer the cranberries and syrup to an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Spread the remaining sugar on a plate. Drain the soaked cranberries very well (but don't forget them and let them dry out or the sugar won't stick!) and then, working slowly by the small handful, toss a few cranberries at a time in the sugar, coating well. Put the sugar-coated cranberries on a baking sheet and allow to dry for at least an hour before serving.
- These candied cranberries keep in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days before getting soft.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.