If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the Fall I crave comfort food...braised meats, roasted root vegetables. I like to start the meal with something bright like a fall day, sparkling and pepper.y My garden lemons and oranges are just about ripe and my neighbors persimmon tree is looking like someone flipped the switch. I think that this salad would be perfect for the day AFTER Thanksgiving when everyone is craving something lighter. - dymnyno
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 vanilla beans
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
for the salad
- 3 heads of butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 lb cooked rock shrimp
- 1 Fuyu persimmons (Be sure NOT to use Hachiya...very tanic)
- 1/4 cup red peppercorns
- Slit open the vanilla bean and scrape the pulp from the skin.
- Grind the black pepper.
- Combine the bean pulp, black pepper, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar and oils and whisk. OR, put all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Hand tear the lettuce (after washing) into bite size pieces.
- With a mandoline or Benringer slice the persimmons into strips and add to salad.
- Add the cooled toasted almond slivers. Add the rock shrimp.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss the salad.
- Sprinkle with red peppercorns
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.