If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mini Meatloaves meant to be juicy as long as they;re cooked just right.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes - DinnerDiva PGH
- 4 ounces baby carrots
- 4 ounces celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces onion, cut into chunks
- 3 sprigs sprigs fresh thyme, stripped off stems
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 ounce canola oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs, cracked and beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2.5 pounds 85-percent-lean ground beef
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 10 pieces sliced pancetta
- 1 can fried onions, for garnish
Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup jarred or homemade gravy
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, finely chop carrots, celery, onion, thyme leaves and parsley. Saute in oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Start sauce by simmering the wet ingredients together in a sauce pan on low-medium heat.
- Place remaining components for the meatloaves, except pancetta and fried onions, in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with the sauted vegetables and herbs. ( It's okay for the mixture to be a little loose. End result will be moist meatloaves.)
- Using the palms of your hands, form 10 round-shaped mini meatloaves, each topped with a slice of pancetta.
- When sauce is reduced by half, break up any lumps of tomato paste, using a whisk. Adjust seasoning. Remove from heat; cover with a lid.
- Place meatloaves on a baking tray and cook in oven about 10 minutes or until cooked through, rotating once. They are done when the internal temperatures reach 165 degrees F. Serve with French-fried onions and sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Charcuterie / The Charcutepalooza Grand Prize Challenge