Author Notes: One of the MANY things I made to fill Christmas baskets this year.... - Nancy Nicole
Makes about 30 biscotti
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 4 contents of 4 green tea bags,
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract and/or zest
- 1 cup melted butter, tepid.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt until light colored (about 2 minutes). Gradually add the sugar. blend another 2 minutes.
- Gradually drizzle in butter. Blend another 30 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 batches, mixing just well enough to blend. Refrigerate dough10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Let rest 10 minutes. Cut on an angle, lay biscotti on their sides and bake another 5 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 5 minutes. Cool on wire racks.