If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was first diagnosed with Celiac I was on a baking binge. EVERYTHING I made has flour in it so I was devastated when I had to re-learn how to bake. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of the first baked goods I mastered when started to bake again. Enjoy! —Jessica Edelman
Makes 1 large loaf or 2 mini's
- 3-4 Very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup Melted butter (pinch more for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xanthum Gum (Bob's Red Mill)
- .5 - .75 cups White or Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your loaf pan with butter
- Combine the mashed banana and the melted butter. Stir until JUST smooth
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla
- Add the baking soda and salt
- Slowly add the xanthum gum and flour making sure to combine them well
- FINALLY, add the chocolate chips of your choosing. Mix them in well.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan(s)
- Baking Times: Large Loaf Pan: 1 hour Small Loaf Pans: 30-40 mins Remove from oven. Let cool on a wire rack for 7-10 minutes before removing from the oven. Serve warm or room temperature!
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.