If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago - haven't a clue where it originated. It is quick , and really easy. I find myself using it all the time during the holiday season for those times when you suddenly have guests coming, or people dropping in for a quick cocktail. It is the perfect thing to have out when folks are chattering away, need something to nibble, and you just cant mess up the kitchen one more time. —igor
Serves 4 - 6 depending on how long cocktail hour goes!!
- 2 cups PECAN HALVES
- 2 tablespoons MELTED BUTTER
- 3/4 teaspoon 5 SPICE POWDER
- 1/4 teaspoon PAPRIKA
- 1/4 teaspoon CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 2 tablespoons HONEY - OR, TO TASTE
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 - MIX ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN BOWL - STARTING WITH PECANS AND SPRINKLING ALL DRY INGREDIENTS ON TOP. STIR TO COAT USING A GENTLE FOLDING MOTION ADD MELTED BUTTER. ADD HONEY LAST AND STIR IN A FOLDING MOTION SO THE PECANS DO NOT BREAK UP.
- POUR OUT ON A COOKIE SHEET AND ROAST FOR 10 - 12 MINUTES. (I FIND 11 MINUTES IS USUALLY THE BEST LENGTH OF TIME). REMOVE FROM OVEN - LET SIT 10 MINUTES SERVE.
- THIS RECIPE TAKES 20 MINUTES TOPS START TO FINISH AND YOU WILL BE DELIGHTED. IT IS EASY, DIFFERENT, AND ADDICTIVE!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! IGOR
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.