Author Notes: This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago - haven't a clue where it originated. It is quick , and really easy. I find myself using it all the time during the holiday season for those times when you suddenly have guests coming, or people dropping in for a quick cocktail. It is the perfect thing to have out when folks are chattering away, need something to nibble, and you just cant mess up the kitchen one more time. - igor
Serves 4 - 6 depending on how long cocktail hour goes!!
- 2 cups PECAN HALVES
- 2 tablespoons MELTED BUTTER
- 3/4 teaspoons 5 SPICE POWDER
- 1/4 teaspoon PAPRIKA
- 1/4 teaspoon CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1/4 teaspoon SALT
- 2 tablespoons HONEY - OR, TO TASTE
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 - MIX ALL DRY INGREDIENTS IN BOWL - STARTING WITH PECANS AND SPRINKLING ALL DRY INGREDIENTS ON TOP. STIR TO COAT USING A GENTLE FOLDING MOTION ADD MELTED BUTTER. ADD HONEY LAST AND STIR IN A FOLDING MOTION SO THE PECANS DO NOT BREAK UP.
- POUR OUT ON A COOKIE SHEET AND ROAST FOR 10 - 12 MINUTES. (I FIND 11 MINUTES IS USUALLY THE BEST LENGTH OF TIME). REMOVE FROM OVEN - LET SIT 10 MINUTES SERVE.
- THIS RECIPE TAKES 20 MINUTES TOPS START TO FINISH AND YOU WILL BE DELIGHTED. IT IS EASY, DIFFERENT, AND ADDICTIVE!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! BORIS