Author Notes: There are lot of recipes for curry and this is my version so I hope you like it!
I used chicken drumstick because they have more flavor than the breast.
Also homemade flat-bread is a very easy but really good recipe which i found on the
internet a few years ago and I’ve been using it ever since. - Finger in the jar
Chicken drumstick curry
- 600 gr Chicken drumsticks
- 1 Red Onion
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 3-4 Red chillies
- 3 cm Piece root ginger
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Cummin powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons Tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Soya sauce
- 125 gr Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons Oil
- small bunches Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Lemon
- 300-400 milliliters Water
- nice pinches Salt and Pepper
- The first thing you should do is take the skin off and cut lines in them with a knife so all the nice spices and juices can enter in the chicken during cooking.
- Leave the chicken aside and take a bowl in which you can start mixing spices and vegetables! First grate garlic, chillies and ginger, after that slowly add all the dry spices. At the end mix in tomato puree and 3 tbsp of oil so you can incorporate all into a nice paste.
- Place a medium size pot with 2 tbsp of oil on the stove and slowly fry the red onions (chopped up as small as possible) add a little bit of salt and pepper to the onions.
- When they are caramelized add the spice paste and fry on a little bit higher fire for 2-3 minutes constantly stirring.
- Add chicken drumstick and a splash of soy sauce and combine it all together nicely.
- Add water and cook with the lid on for an hour on low fire ( it should boil nice and slow, not too wild)
- After an hour take off the lid and turn up the fire and cook for another 15 minutes so the extra liquid evaporates.
- At the end stir in greek yogurt mix it all together nicely and cook for another 2 min.
- Turn of the heat and add fresh coriander and squeeze in half a lemon, stir just a little bit and the curry is done!
- Of course you can add extra yogurt, cream, lemon, heat… what ever your senses need :)
- 500 gr Flour (with higher percent of protein)
- 300 milliliters Warm water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 7 gr Dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- Put the flour in a large bowl, make a hole inside with your finger and pour in the warm water, then yeast salt and oil and mix it all together with a spoon, then put the dough on the table and knead for 4-5 minutes using your muscles :)
- Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise for 1 hr until doubled in size.
- After an hour you hit the dough a few times and knead for a few seconds, take a big pan and put on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces and use a rolling pin to flatten each one into a circle of approximately 15cm in diameter and about 1cm thick.
- Leave each one to rest for 5 min before baking, you should bake them on both sides until they get a little color and a few black dots this should take around 15 minutes all together.