Author Notes: We really like to entertain and this is a hit. It's easy and yummy. - Judy at Two Broads Abroad
Food52 Review: A delicious topping on my all-time favorite cracker. The salty/sweet combo with a little kick from the Gorgonzola is a bite-size explosion of flavor that will be a definite winter appetizer staple. I might roast the pear next time. - foodfanatic
- 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 Bosc pear finely cubed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 scallion thinly sliced for garnish
- For Parmesan Crackers Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 12 one-inch circles of grated Parmesan cheese on a sheet pan. Sometimes the cheese spreads so leave enough room. The discs should be approximately an eight of an inch high.
- Bake crackers for about 10 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- When done quickly remove the crackers from the sheet pan with a spatula. Cool on a rack. If the crackers start to stick put them back in the oven to warm a bit. The good news about these crackers is that they can be made in advance and stored in an air tight container.
- Candied Walnuts Place sugar and walnuts in saute pan.
- On medium heat cook until the sugar becomes a syrup and coats the walnuts. Continue cooking until the sugar is golden brown.
- Gorgonzola Cheese Mixture Place gorgonzola, diced pears, crumbled candied walnuts, sage in medium bowl. Toss.
- Place crackers on a serving dish. Place heaping tablespoon of mixture on crackers. Sprinkle with scallions. Serve
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Walnuts & Sage