Author Notes: It's pork. Wrapped in pork. And doused in a brown sugar glaze. What more could you ask for? - mtlabor
- 3 pounds bone-in pork loin roast
- 5-6 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- So let's line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and place your big hunk of pork on that sucker. Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, make your spice rub. Combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- And give that pork a good rub down.
- Then we'll wrap the whole thing in some bacon. P.S. - the technical term for wrapping something in fat (in this case, bacon) is "barding."
- Place the roast in the oven and roast for about 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan under medium heat, combine the ingredients for the glaze - the brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, and mustard powder.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle glaze over top of pork roast and continue to roast for about 25-35 minutes longer, or until internal temperature has reached 160F.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and then slice into 1 inch thick portions. Serve with your starch of choice and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!