If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's pork. Wrapped in pork. And doused in a brown sugar glaze. What more could you ask for? - mtlabor
- 3 pounds bone-in pork loin roast
- 5-6 pieces of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- So let's line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and place your big hunk of pork on that sucker. Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, make your spice rub. Combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- And give that pork a good rub down.
- Then we'll wrap the whole thing in some bacon. P.S. - the technical term for wrapping something in fat (in this case, bacon) is "barding."
- Place the roast in the oven and roast for about 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan under medium heat, combine the ingredients for the glaze - the brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, and mustard powder.
- Simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle glaze over top of pork roast and continue to roast for about 25-35 minutes longer, or until internal temperature has reached 160F.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and then slice into 1 inch thick portions. Serve with your starch of choice and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!