If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this recipe because it's simple and salmon is so good for you. I like to pan roast my salmon by searing it in a hot pan on both sides and then finishing the cooking in the oven. By searing it first you get a nice, golden crust and it locks in all of the juices, keeping the salmon very moist. It only takes 5-6 minutes in the oven- just enough time so that it’s barely cooked through because it will continue to cook a little more once you take it out. By using this technique, the salmon will be buttery and moist. I like to top the salmon with a ginger soy glaze that forms a lovely sweet and savory coating. For a well-rounded meal, I serve this dish with sautéed baby bok choy and brown rice. - Sonali aka the Foodie Physician
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce or other hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Sliced scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the soy sauce, honey, mustard, ginger and Sriracha together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe saute pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and add them to the pan, presentation side down. Cook 2-3 minutes without moving, until a golden crust forms. Turn the fillets over and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook 5-6 minutes until salmon is just cooked through but still slightly pink in the middle. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and transfer the salmon to a platter.
- Pour off the drippings from the pan and heat the pan on the stove over medium high heat. Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until thickened. Pour the glaze over the salmon. Garnish with scallions if desired.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.