If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Borrowing flavors from the beloved cocktail, the Cosmopolitan, this mixed nut brittle is loaded with orange zest and cranberries —MyFareFoodie
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mixed salted nuts
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine mixed nuts, dried cranberries, orange zest, cinnamon, and Cointreau. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, and juice and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Continue to boil until the mixture reaches 300 degrees. Do not stir or whisk, as this affects the sugar molecules. You may swirl the pan if you are worried about burning. This mixture is scalding hot, so use extreme caution.
- Once the mixture reaches 300 degrees and appears to be an amber color, pour in the nuts and cranberries. Cook for one more minute and then transfer the mixture to the sprayed sheet pan. Use a spatula to quickly and lightly spread into an even layer. Let it cool completely to set. Break into pieces and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.