If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Day 3 of my quest to follow the blessings of abundant, ripe, affordable avocados in January in Montana into uncharted territory. For me, at least. Pink grapefruit establishes the base here, with notes of lime and a touch of salt. Cayenne blows a kiss to the honey. Finish with a sprig of mint. —boulangere
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled, suprême
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Pinch sea or kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Fresh mint sprig
- To suprême any citrus fruit, all you need is a sharp knife. A dull one will just make a mess of things and discourage you. First, remove both ends of the peel right down to the flesh. Then stand the fruit on one end. Make a series of overlapping vertical cuts, following the curve of the fruit, from top to bottom. Cut right down to the level of the fruit. You want to remove ALL the white pith (it's bitter). Next, cup the fruit in one hand and hold your knife in the other. You'll cut between the membrane and the fruit, towards the center, on both sides of each segment. Each one should slide right out. Last, transfer the fruit segments to a blender or food processor. Be sure to squeeze the membrane ball really well to extract all the luscious juice trapped in it.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Purée until as smooth as possible. You'll see some tiny pink confetti. That's fine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour into a pretty glass and garnish with a mint sprig. Take a sip. It's like an instant, if short, trip to a warm climate. One more day of winter down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.