If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We were going to a friend's house one night and wanted to bring dessert. I was craving cheesecake, but was pinched for time and limited in ingredients(How do I make cheesecake without graham crackers?!!!). So, I scavenged the pantry and chucked some stuff in the 'ol food processor and came up with this ultra yummy cheesecake ( I could scoop the crust and eat it by itself its so good...not kidding) - susan gauthier
Food52 Review: The saltine crust is a great idea -- the crackers lend a little saltiness to the coconut and brown sugar, and we love a press-in crust. The hint of lime is refreshing and balances the sweetness of the cheesecake. The toasted coconut topping is fun, and makes for a beautiful presentation. Make sure to get your cream cheese to room temperature to make processing it easier. And if you don't have a food processor, don't worry: a hand blender will work just as well. - A&M
Makes 18 cheesecakes
- 1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar,lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened coconut ,lightly toasted
- 3/4 cups coconut oil,measured as a solid, then melted
- 1 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut,optional garnish
- Place saltines, brown sugar and tstd.coconut in bowl of food processor. Process till combined and crumblike. Add melted coconut oil, Process till blended. Grease18 muffin tins. Divide crust evenly in tins(about 2 Tbsp each). Press into bottom with with a small glass or flat tool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cream cheese and sugar in bowl of food processor. Process till combined. Add eggs 1 at a time processing between additions. add zest, juice of lime, and flour and process till blended. Pour mixture evenly over crusts. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Bake for about 30 minutes or until set and puffed. Cool and slide a knife around edge to release. Chill. Serve and eat a lot of them...then make some more 'cause you'll want to.