Tangerine Filling And Strawberry Reduction Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 4 tangerines)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons tangerine zest
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and scrapped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Oil to coat pan
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Tangerine Filling: In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in tangerine juice, butter and tangerine zest. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and pass through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Transfer to a small jar or airtight container and refrigerate until cool and thicker in texture (will last, refrigerated, for about a week).
- Strawberry Reduction Sauce: Place strawberries, water and 2 tablespoons sugar in a pot on low heat. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes until sauce begins to steam. Turn heat to medium and continue to stir. For a thick sauce (which we want) cook until there is 1/2 inch of sauce in the pot. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crepes: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt, butter, vanilla bean and cinnamon; beat until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Continue until all 4 crepes are made. Add tangerine filling, dust with confectioners sugar and serve hot with strawberry reduction sauce on side or drizzled on top.