Author Notes: This was inspired by a dish that is served in one of Melbourne's amazing restaurants. The madeleines come out warm oozing with delicious lemon curd. This is my take on this delectable morsel. - mylittlekitchen
Quick Lemon Curd
- 100 milliliters lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 2.3 ounces unsalted butter cut into cubes
- Place all ingredients for the lemon curd in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium for approximatley 4-5 mins, until curd thickens. Check and stir regularly to ensure egg doesn't scramble. Set aside to cool.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter and a bit extra for greasing pan
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Melt butter and leave to cool to room temp. Meanwhile beat eggs and slowly add sugar mixed with the lemon zest until it has the consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly sprinkle this on top of the egg mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Once folded in, slowly drizzle in the cooled butter and the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge of about 1 hour then take out of fridge and leave for about 1/2 hour before spooning into a greased madeleine pan. Fill each mould about 3/4 full as the mixture will expand in the oven. Cook in oven for around 7-9 mins. Check at around 5 mins to see how they are going as cooking times will vary with ovens.
- Once cooked, take the madeleienes out of the oven and turn out onto a wire rack. Place the cooled lemon curd into a piping back with a small nozzle and while the madeleines are still warm, pipe the lemon curd into the madelience by poking a hole on the underside of the madeleine towards the side and fill till it starts coming out.
- Dust with icing/confectioner's sugar and serve immediately while still warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe