If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This particular muffin was more of an experiment that came out well than a proper recipe! It’s extremely easy and the result is mind-blowing! It’s so easy to make that I wonder why I didn’t think of it sooner! It’s almost the same recipe as my goto chocolate muffin recipe but I have just reduced the sugar by one forth and substituted it with candied orange instead and voila! Chocolate orange muffins!
For those who love the combination of chocolate and orange this is a hedonistic Extravaganza!!Nothing could satisfy one more than these! Next time I will put a bit of orange frosting on them to enhance the taste further!
The result is gooey chocolate muffin with small bites of candied sweet and sour orange.One has to note even after baking , the bottom of the cupcakes will still be soft and look uncooked that’s why it has to be cooled well once and refrigerated for the bottom to set completely —chhavi
Makes 12-16 muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine sugar
- 1/2 cup candied orange
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar/lemon juice
- Add the vinegar to warm milk and let it stand for 15 minutes
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.(flour,cocoa,baking powder,sugar)
- Boil one cup of water and add to the dry ingredients.Mix well using a spatula or in a processor.
- Add the vegetable oil and milk(with vinegar) and combine well
- Add the candied orange and combine using a spatula
- Line the dish with muffin cups and pour the mixture into the individual cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool on the cooling rack for 20-30 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve as it is or warm it up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Finger Foods for the Fourth
The best summer appetizers
Finger foods for the Fourth.
Warning: You might be offended.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.