If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our Meyer lemon tree is loaded with fruit these days. When I saw Ina Garten's recipe for a mocha chocolate icebox cake in her "How Easy Is That?" cookbook, I immediately thought about adapting it to spotlight Meyer Lemons.
Not much of a baker, I was relieved to discover that this cake is more about assembly than precise measurements and oven temperatures. I added limoncello, lemon zest and juice. Trader Joe's sells small Meyer lemon cookie wafers that worked for the cookie base. - Lizthechef
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup limoncello liqueur
- zest of 3 Meyer lemons
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16-18 ounces lemon wafer cookies
- lemon zest curls for garnish
- Using a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, combine the cream, mascarpone, sugar, limoncello, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix on low speed to begin, gradually increasing speed until firm peaks form.
- Use an 8-inch springform pan to assemble the cake. You will be making 4 layers each of cookies and of filling. Begin with a layer of cookies, overlapping to insure a solid base with no spaces between the cookies. Next, add 1/4 of the filling and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Repeat the cookie-filling layers 3 more times, finishing with the cream filling on top of the cake. Smooth carefully with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the sides of the cake and remover sides of the springform pan. Using 2 spatulas, carefully lift the cake off the springform bottom. Place cake on a stand or plate. Garnish with lemon zest curls, cut and serve while still cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.