If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love using my slow cooker to create tasty meals such as this one. These tacos can also be turned into burgers, salad or mini burgers, whatever you can dream up. I enjoy this dish because you can start in before you leave for work and your meat will be ready when you get home. The slaw takes minutes to assemble so you'll have dinner in no time! —Erin Powell
Citrus Rubbed Pulled Pork
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 limes, zested
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Combine all dry ingredients and the lime zest.
- Rub on the pork roast to coat evenly, you may not use all of the mixture.
- Heat a nonstick crock pot insert or a saute pan with the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, sear all sides of the pork roast.
- Once the meat is seared, cover entirely with water (if using a saute pan, transfer to crock pot first). Place in insert in crock pot and cover.
- Cook on high heat for 6 hours in the crock pot.
- Once the meat is done, transfer to a 9" x 13" pan and shred with a pair of tongs.
- Spoon some liquid from the crock pot over the shredded meat to keep juicy. Cover until use.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces raw cole slaw mix (or make your own)
- 12 corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl, mix everything together but the cabbage and the corn tortillas.
- Add the cabbage and coat well.
- Warm the corn tortillas and fill with pulled pork and slaw. Garnish with a lime spritz, jalapenos or green onions.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.