If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick fruit recipe is perfect for a chilly morning. The vanilla bean elevates the fruit, while the banana lends some creaminess. It also makes a good afternoon snack, or a light dessert. Delicious on its own, the addition of yogurt, nuts, and coconut does make for a rounder start to the day. It is also really easy to pack this to go. - Cristina Sciarra
- 2 apples
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed Marcona almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Peel, core, and chop the apples. Partially mash the bananas. Stir both together inside a Dutch oven. Split and scrape the vanilla bean, and then add both the seeds and the pod to the Dutch oven, along with the water; stir everything together.
- Turn the range to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, covered. Serve the fruit warm, alone, or with yogurt, crushed Marcona almonds, and shredded coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.