If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic white chicken chili goes bolder and brighter with the citrus and garlic flavors of traditional mojo sauce - and all in time for a weeknight dinner! (Oh, and it's pretty good for you, too.) - thursdaynightsmackdown
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 15 ounces can of great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces can of corn, rinsed and drained
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/2 small can of green chiles
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons commercially prepared adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cotija cheese
- chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- sliced avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and serrano and saute for 5 minutes; add 6 of the garlic cloves and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in the cumin.
- Dump in the beans, corn, Mexican oregano, chicken stock, OJ, green chiles, adobo and cayenne. Bring to a simmer. Cook 8-10 minutes to meld the flavors.
- Go at it with a potato masher to mash up some of the beans and give body to the chili (depending on how thick you like your chili).
- Toss in the chicken cubes and poach them in the chili until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 cloves of garlic for SUPER GARLIC PUNCH.
- Taste and adjust salt level, if necessary.
- Serve with toppings, allowing people to doctor their chili as they wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili