If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet treat always makes an appearance at our Thanksgiving table. The year Mom chose to make another dessert instead, she heard lots of protests! - SupperStarter
Serves 1 rolled cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups baked sweet potato pulp, mashed with fork
- 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make filling: Beat together cream cheese and butter. Stir in sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue stirring until smooth. Set filling aside.
- To make rolled cake: Beat together eggs and sugar. Add sweet potato, mixing until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Spread batter onto 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan lined with wax paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove wax paper and place cake on clean tea towel inside jelly roll pan. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Roll cake up in towel from 10-inch side.
- Unroll cake and place on plastic wrap. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll and cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe