Author Notes: This sweet treat always makes an appearance at our Thanksgiving table. The year Mom chose to make another dessert instead, she heard lots of protests! - SupperStarter
Serves 1 rolled cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups baked sweet potato pulp, mashed with fork
- 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make filling: Beat together cream cheese and butter. Stir in sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue stirring until smooth. Set filling aside.
- To make rolled cake: Beat together eggs and sugar. Add sweet potato, mixing until combined.
- In another bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Spread batter onto 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan lined with wax paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove wax paper and place cake on clean tea towel inside jelly roll pan. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Roll cake up in towel from 10-inch side.
- Unroll cake and place on plastic wrap. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll and cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe