If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing better than a movie night, and a perfectly spiced bowl of chili on a winter night. This recipe is a fruitful result of all the hard work I have put into being lazy. The slow cooker Lamb chili recipe below has all the taste and flavor, without the effort. Total 15 minutes of prep time and the slow cooker does the rest. To wow your guests, add a twist to chili night by serving it with Naan Bread. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my friends and I have over time! - Divya Kaur
Food52 Review: This is a fun diversion from standard chili. It's a spicy combination of meat and beans with a slight Indian flair. The ancho chili adds just the right smokiness to balance the other spices. We especially love how easy this dish is to put together, there's hardly any prep time and the slow cooker does all the rest. The results are far greater than the effort you put into it. The recipe doesn't call for garnish, but a squeeze of lime or a dab of yogurt would work nicely here. Served atop some rice, you've got a warming and satisfying meal. - thehappycook
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Large Red Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Minced Lamb
- 1 cup Red Beans (uncooked)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth (or replace with 2 tsp Vegetable Bouillon+ 2 cups water)
- 3 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 4 teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds once the oil is hot, fry untill the cumin seeds become a darker brown color.
- Add Onions and Garlic to the wok and saute until onions caramalize. Add the tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are completely cooked and all water evaporates.
- Add the Onion-Garlic-tomato mixture and rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Set on low and let cook for 8 hours.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.