If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The essence of a really great comfort food is simplicity for me. It does not necessarily have to be unhealthy, but it really has to aid that really depressive state we get either after a hard day of work, or waking up to a torrential downpour. My comfort food would ultimately start with two slices of toast. It really is magical because of it’s diversity to be whatever you want it to be a massive cheese toasty or the ultimate sugar fest of peanut butter and nutella. (Being gluten-free I can’t thank the brand Genius enough in the U.K, for releasing convenience –edible- bread) But sometimes it’s about the ingredient, and sweet potato does hit the comfort food nail on the head. —Krechiewow
- 1 Sweet potato (Yam)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 bunch Cabbage greens
- A hefty glug Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Large handfuls Pre cooked Chickpeas
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 230c
- Peel and cut your sweet potato into cubes and place into a well olive oiled roasting tray; you will use the oil later for your salad dressing.
- Pop in two cloves of garlic whole. Season well with salt and a tad of pepper; I tend to season it with pepper at the end to avoid bits burning and what not.
- Pop the tray in the oven for about 20-30 minutes (dependent on how roasted you want them)
- After 5 minutes put your cabbage greens into simmering water for 15 mins; you want to keep their freshness and crisp.
- Dress your plate with the sweet potato leaving the oil in the roasting tray… …add the chickpeas and cabbage. Squeeze over half a lemon and then give all a good merge. Mmm.
- Crush the whole garlic’s in the roasting tray so all the juice runs out, give this a stir and pour over the salad.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.