If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are an all dressed up and healthier take on my dad's staple silver dollars. The batter is not too sweet and could be great with other add ins (to replace the banana and chocolate chips) like fresh or frozen fruit, nut butters or coconut. They're also dead simple to throw together as a last minute brunch for unexpected guests! Please give them a try, especially if you're on a restricted diet! - DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1 heaping cup Bob's Redmill All Purpose GF Flour
- 1 tbsp Ghirardelli 100% Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps wild brown millet flour
- 1 tsp organic baking powder
- 2 turns of a salt mill (sea salt)
- 1 tsp organic cinammon
- 1 tsp organic cardamom
- 1 capful real vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsps organic canola oil
- 1 small can organic light coconut milk (160ml)
- 1 egg
- 4 handfuls chcocolate chips (I use organic dark chocolate chips)
- 1 frozen banana (sliced thinly)
- Place flours, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cinammon and cardamom in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork. Stir in coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Crack the egg into the mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg into the batter until well blended. Let the batter rest for a couple minutes.
- Heat a small non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a knob of butter or a touch of oil. Pour a saucer size amount of batter into the pan. After 20 seconds, place a few slices of banana, a dash of cinammon and cardamom and a handful of chocolate chips on top. Wait until you see a little bubble or two on the pancake surface to flip. Flip and allow to cook for about a minute. Using your spatula, remove pancake onto a plate and make the rest one by one.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate & Spice
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.