If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today is valentines day and I was begged by two of the most adorable people in the world to bake a cake and I couldn't resist even though I don't celebrate valentines day. As you will tell from the recipe I just made it up as I went along but it turned out really great.
For the icing for example I made an epic mistake by adding cold raspberry to the chocolate and butter mixture which refroze what I had just melted. Additionally I ran out of confectioners sugar. So instead of panicking I just put the same topping on while the cake was hot and it was great because it remelted the butter and chocolate!
The cake turned out better that I expected!!
Happy Valentines Day! - ChefSteadfastMT
- 11/2-2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar (More if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar or Essence
- 100 Grams White Chocolate
- 100 Grams Butter
- Frozen Raspberries
- dashes Salt
- 1/4 cup Natural Yoghurt
- Confectioners Sugar
- Measure the flour and baking powder and sift together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla sugar or vanilla/vanilla essence. Beat the eggs with a hand mixer until they are very light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Melt the 50grams of the 100 grams butter with 50grams of white chocolate on low heat. Set Aside.
- Now fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture. After that is mixed properly add the butter and white chocolate mixture to it and stir thoroughly. Lastly add the natural yogurt first and then the frozen raspberries. Transfer the cake batter into already prepared pans (can be a layered cake if desired just make preparations accordingly.
- Oven should be pre-heated at 175 Celsius. Set in cake and bake until the object of your choice comes out clean when inserted. I sometimes add more heat at the end if you keep inserting and the middle seems not to want to be done:).
- Melt the remaining 50g of chocolate. Don't melt the butter but just add in to the warm chocolate. Puree additional frozen raspberries. Add the 2 mixtures together. And add as much confectioners sugar as you desired. The mixture will have a funny looking texture but don't worry.
- After the cake is done remove it and immediately add the funny looking topping. It will melt perfectly on top of the cake. If you are in a cold place like I am you can set the cake outside in the snow to cool down. Serve as soon as it has cooled a bit!